How (And When) to Start Retirement Planning
Join our #CreditChat on Twitter and YouTube every Wednesday at 3 p.m. ET.
This week, we had a discussion about retirement planning – and ways to get started. We tweeted with Sylvia Flores, Producer of Broken Eggs – A film About the Looming Retirement Crisis. And we talked on video with Todd Tresidder – Founder of FinancialMentor.com, Andrew Meadows, Producer of Broken Eggs, Shannon McNay – Writer & Podcaster at ReadyForZero, Rod Griffin – Director of Public Education at Experian,and Mike Delgado – Social Media Community Builder at Experian.
Questions We Discussed:
- Q1: When did you start preparing for retirement? How?
- Q2: What are benefits of investing early?
- Q3: What are some different retirement plans to consider setting up? Any favorites?
- Q4: How do you decide how much to invest for retirement vs. pay down debts?
- Q5: What mistakes are easy to make when it comes to retirement planning?
- Q6: What are ways to get started with investing for the future? How much is needed?
- Q7: What tips do you have when finding a financial advisor for retirement planning?
- Q8: Some say they don’t plan on retiring. What’s you’re response to this?
- Q9: Any final tips for those that want to prepare for retirement?