Our weekly #CreditChat started in 2012 to help our community learn about credit and important personal finance topics (e.g. saving money, paying down debt, improving credit scores). Each chat is hosted by @Experian on Twitter and all are welcome to participate. DM us any questions.
This week, we’ll discuss important financial issues that affect the LGBTQ+ community and tips to overcome these obstacles.
Topic: Personal Finance for the LGBTQ+ Community
When: Wednesday, June 2, 2021 at 3 p.m. ET.
The panel will include The Debt Free Guys: Founders of Debt Free Guys®, the Queer Money® podcast and the 5 Building Blocks of a Happy Gay Life; Tom Brickman: Real estate investor, side hustle pusher & personal finance enthusiast; Laura J. LaTourette, CFP®: Founder of Family Wealth Management Group; Beverly Harzog: Credit Card Expert and Consumer Finance Analyst for U.S. News; Leslie H. Tayne, Esq: Founder and Managing Director of Tayne Law Group, P.C. (f/k/a The Law Offices of Leslie H. Tayne, P.C.); Rod Griffin: Senior Director, Consumer Education and Advocacy, Experian; Christina Roman: Consumer Education and Advocacy Manager at Experian.
Enter here for a chance to win a $50 Amazon gift card! We will be announcing a winner at the end of the chat. Entry Period: Raffle open now and closes at the end of this chat at 4 p.m. ET. Complete rules here.
1. What are the key components of a successful financial plan for an LGBTQ individual or couple?
2. How do LGBTQ+ couples ensure that their financial rights are protected?
3. What should LGBTQ individuals and couples look for in a financial professional?
4. How do you find financial services and providers who understand the challenges facing an LGBTQ individual or couple?
5. What are some of the financial challenges facing LGBTQ individuals and couples?
6. How can an LGBTQ+ couple prepare financially to enter a domestic partnership or marriage?
7. How can LGBTQ+ couples plan for the cost of starting a family?
8. How can transgender individuals and other members of the LGBTQ+ community find health insurance plans that meet their needs?
9. What financial documents do you need to have in place to safeguard your financial future?
10. How do we as allies support the LGBTQ+ Community?
Check out our complete list of upcoming personal finance Twitter chats here.
Experian is the world’s leading global information services company. Learn more.