Our weekly #CreditChat started in 2012 to help our community learn about credit and important personal finance topics (e.g. saving money, paying down debt, improving credit scores). Each chat is hosted by @Experian on Twitter and all are welcome to participate. DM us any questions.
This week, we’ll discuss various costs as you prepare to take care of your loved ones.
Topic: Financial Considerations for Elderly Caregivers
When: Wednesday, September 22, 2021 at 3 p.m. ET.
The panel will include: Leslie H. Tayne, Esq: Founder and Managing Director of Tayne Law Group, P.C. (f/k/a The Law Offices of Leslie H. Tayne, P.C.); Beverly Harzog: Credit Card Expert and Consumer Finance Analyst for U.S. News; Lawrence D. Sprung: CFP® President of Mitlin Financial, Inc.; Rod Griffin: Senior Director, Consumer Education and Advocacy, Experian and Christina Roman: Consumer Education and Advocacy Manager at Experian.
Enter here for a chance to win a $50 Amazon gift card! We will be announcing a winner at the end of the chat. Entry Period: Raffle open now and closes at the end of this chat at 4 p.m. ET. Complete rules here.
1. What does it mean to be a member of the Sandwich Generation?
2. What are considerations for managing finances if you are providing care for both your family and an elderly parent?
3. How can family members share the financial implications of caring for an elderly parent?
4. What resources are available to help financially when caring for an elderly parent?
5. How can taking time away from work to provide care impact your financial goals?
6. What steps can you take to ensure you continue to save for retirement?
7. How can you make sure your finances are not comingled with the finances of the individual you are providing care for?
8. What can you as a caregiver do to help protect your loved one’s credit and finances as they age?
9. How can you resist retail therapy or emotional spending in response to stress related to being a caregiver?
10. How can you ensure open communication about finances with family members to prevent conflict when serving as the primary caregiver?
Check out our complete list of upcoming personal finance Twitter chats here.
Experian is the world’s leading global information services company. Learn more.