Summer Travel on a Budget
Join our #CreditChat on Periscope, YouTube Live, Twitter, and Snapchat every Wednesday at 3 p.m ET. In this chat, we talked about traveling in the summer on a budget.
The panel included: Smarter Travel: Expert travel tips and inspiring destination stories at SmarterTravel.com; Vedante Prashar: Founder of The Lavish Nomad; Charles McCool: Travel writer, speaker, consultant and founder of McCoolTravel.com; Lee Huffman: Founder of BaldThoughts.com; Susan Shain: Writer and Traveler at SusanShain.com; Rod Griffin: Director of Public Education at Experian; and Christina Roman: Social Media Specialist at Experian.
We also featured financial tips all week on Snapchat.
Moments from our tweet chat via Wakelet.
Questions We Discussed:
- Q1: Is anyone doing any traveling this summer?
- Q2: What are best practices for figuring out your vacation budget?
- Q3: What items should you factor into your vacation budget?
- Q4: What costs should you consider when traveling out of the country?
- Q5: In addition to flight prices, what are some other air travel related items people should factor into your budget?
- Q6: Planning a road trip? How can you save on gas and car related expenses?
- Q7: How can you save on lodging during your vacation?
- Q8: What are some simple ways to save on food during your trip?
- Q9: How can you save when traveling with a large family?
- Q10: Any final tips for saving on summer travel?
If you’ve never heard about #CreditChat, here is a brief overview:
Relevant chats on YouTube: