Money Management Tips for Single Parents
This week, we talked about how to budget and save as a single parent. The panel included: Debbi King– Owner of the ABC’s of Personal Finance, Emma Johnson– Award-winning Business Journalist and Founder of WealthySingleMommy.com, Tretta Bush– Women’s Wealth Advocate and Founder of Wealth in Stilettos, Paul Williams– Social Worker who writes about money, love and fatherhood at BasheaWilliams.com, Rod Griffin– Director of Public Education at Experian, and Mike Delgado– Social Media Community Manager at Experian.
Join us on Twitter by using the #CreditChat hashtag – and tune in to the discussion on Blab.
If you have ideas for future topics and guests, please tweet @Teena_LaRo or email Christina.Roman@experian.com.
Questions We Discussed:
- Q1: What hurdles do single parents face when trying to achieve financial success?
- Q2: What are the top priorities for single parents looking to create a successful financial plan for the future?
- Q3: What is an emergency fund and why is it important for a single parent household?
- Q4: How does insurance factor into a single parent household? What types of insurances are must-haves?
- Q5: Why is it important to monitor your credit report when working toward financial goals?
- Q6: What are some best practices for ensuring you are in control of your financial situation?
- Q7: What are some spending cuts parents can make to boost savings?
- Q8: What are some inexpensive activities parents can do with their kids?
- Q9: How can a single parent save on the cost of daycare? Are there any resources available?
- Q10: What are some side income options that single parents can do from home?
- Q11: What final tips do you have for parents looking to achieve financial success?
This week’s #CreditChat on Storify
If you’ve never heard about #CreditChat, here is a brief overview:
Recent Chats on YouTube & Twitter