Money Management Tips for Single Parents
Join our #CreditChat on Periscope, YouTube Live, Twitter, and Snapchat every Wednesday at 3 p.m ET. In this chat we discussed budgeting and spending for single parents.
The panel included: Samantha Gregory: Founder of RichSingleMomma.com; Shannon McNay: Writer for Student Loan Hero; Rod Griffin: Director of Public Education at Experian; and Christina Roman: Social Media Specialist at Experian.
We also featured financial tips all week on Snapchat.
Questions We Discussed:
- Q1: What are the first steps a single parent should take when creating a stable financial future for his/her family?
- Q2: How should a newly single parent establish a budget? What are best practices?
- Q3: What steps should single parents take to ensure they are staying on top of their credit?
- Q4: What financial documents should newly single parents review when creating a financial plan?
- Q5: Are there any tax credits or deductions that can help reduce the amount of taxes single parents pay?
- Q6: What are best practices for establishing an emergency fund?
- Q7: What insurance considerations should single parents take?
- Q8: What should single parents know about creating an estate plan?
- Q9: What advice do you have for a single parent who is struggling financially?
- Q10: Do you have any final financial tips for single parents?
View the Complete Tweetchat via Storify:
Single Mom Budge Sanity Worksheet via Rich Single Momma
If you’ve never heard about #CreditChat, here is a brief overview:
Relevant chats on YouTube: