Love and Money: Financial Advice for Couples at Every Stage
Join our weekly #CreditChat on Periscope, YouTube Live, Twitter, and Snapchat every Wednesday at 3 p.m. ET. This week, we shared tips to help couples succeed at money management.
The panel will included: Vanessa McGrady: Award-winning journalist and Forbes personal finance and prosperity contributor; Tai McNeely: Co-Founder of His & Her Money, America’s #1 Money Couple; Shannon McNay: Writer for Student Loan Hero; Rod Griffin: Director of Public Education at Experian and Mike Delgado: Director of Social Media at Experian.
We’re also featuring financial tips all week on Snapchat.
Questions We Discussed:
- Q1: Why is it important to talk about money at every stage of a relationship?
- Q2: What are some ways to ease into the topic of money when dating?
- Q3: What red flag signs should you look for when dating someone?
- Q4: What financial topics should you discuss if you are considering moving in with a significant other?
- Q5: What common financial mistakes should you avoid in a relationship?
- Q6: What should you do if you discover that you and your sig other have different views on money and spending?
- Q7: How does marriage affect your financial situation and credit?
- Q8: What money habits lead to a successful financial relationship?
- Q9: What should you do if you find yourself arguing about money often?
- Q10: Any final tips for couples navigating finances in a relationship?
View the Complete Chat on Storify
7 Signs of Financial Infidelity via Vanessa McGrady, Forbes
How This Couple Paid Off $109k Debt and Improved Their Marriage via Vanessa McGrady, Forbes
New Baby? Here Are 3 Critical Money Shifts You Need to Make via Vanessa McGrady, Forbes
How Millennial Newlyweds Paid Off $100k Debt and Took on a Side Hustle via Vanessa McGrady, Forbes
How to Get Your Spouse on Board With Getting Out of Debt via His & Her Money
How Couples Can Better Communicate About Money with Katie Brewer via His & Her Money
Real Money Answers for Couples with Patrice C Washington via His & Her Money
Pocket of Money, LLC– Dr. Maria James, The Money Scientist
Barbara Stanny– Leading Authority on Women and Wealth
Ask the Money Coach– Lynette Khalfani-Cox
If you’ve never heard about #CreditChat, here is a brief overview:
Relevant chats on YouTube: