Happily Ever After: Financial Tips for Newlyweds
Join our #CreditChat on Periscope
, YouTube Live, Twitter
, and Snapchat
on every Wednesday at 3 p.m ET. In this chat, we discussed financial advice that newlyweds should know.
The panel included: Elle Martinez: Founder of Couple Money and author of Jumpstart Your Marriage & Your Money: A 4-Week Guide to Building Wealth Together; Zina Kumok: Founder of Debt Free After Three; Lauralynn Mangis: Online Marketing Specialist at Advantage Credit Counseling Services; Shannon McNay: Writer for Student Loan Hero; Rod Griffin: Director of Public Education at Experian; and Christina Roman: Social Media Specialist at Experian.
We’re also featuring financial tips all week on Snapchat.
Questions We Discussed:
- Q1: What key financial items should couples discuss in the first few months of their marriage?
- Q2: What financial information should married couples know about each other?
- Q3: What important financial documents need to be updated after marriage?
- Q4: What short term and long term financial goals should married couples establish?
- Q5: How can couples who have different financial behaviors work together to achieve their goals?
- Q6: What money management tips do you have for couples who have a large pay disparity or one spouse not working?
- Q7: How do you manage finances with a spouse who financially supports extended family members?
- Q8: How does marriage affect your taxes?
- Q9: What common mistakes do couples make when combining their financial lives?
- Q10: Any final financial advice for newlyweds?
Jumpstart Your Marriage and Your Money by Elle Martinez- Founder of CoupleMoney.com
If you’ve never heard about #CreditChat, here is a brief overview:
Relevant chats on YouTube: