About Experian Marketing Services
There has been a paradigm shift in the way consumers and brands interact. Consumers have more choices in terms of what they buy, from whom and how often, while brands have more ways to connect and engage their customers and prospects than ever before.
The most successful marketers understand this new reality and have adjusted their communication strategies center marketing activities around the customer by linking disparate data trails and orchestrating thoughtful, coordinated and authentic customer experiences in any channel.
Experian Marketing Services helps customer-centric brands intelligently connect with their customers through high quality data and insights, analytics and marketing technology.
Learn more about Experian Marketing Services suite of marketing solutions
We've been helping marketers deliver data-driven targeted marketing for more than 30 years. Here are some of the highlights of our growth and innovation:
- 1987 - TRW Information Services, the U.S. credit bureau acquires Executive Services from Dallas, TX entering the marketing service business
- 1996 - TRW spins off its Information Services business and the new company is named Experian
- 1997 - Experian is acquired by Great Universal Stores and is merged with its UK credit bureau, CCN
- 1998 - We got serious about the direct marketing with the acquisitions of leading U.S. firms MetroMail and Direct Marketing Technologies (DirectTech)
- 2004 - A major year of expansion, in March, we acquired CheetahMail, a leading email service provider and in October, we acquired Quick Address Search to bolster on our contact management capabilities. Also in October, we acquired Simmons Research to build out our consumer insight and multichannel capabilities.
- 2007 - In April, we acquired Hitwise as a means to provide a broader set of digital marketing capabilities in search and consumer insight.
- 2011 - In February, we acquired Techlightenment, a social media and Facebook advertising platform adding social media advertising capabilities to our digital offering.
- 2012 - In May, we acquired Conversen, a pioneer in developing interaction management technologies that enable marketers to create fully integrated, cross-channel conversations through mobile, Web, social, email and traditional channels.
- 2013 - In April, we launched the cross-channel marketing platform.
- 2013 – In May, we launched the cross-channel marketing platform, marrying CheetahMail’s speed and scalability with the flexibility of the Conversen platform.
- 2014 – In July, we launched the Experian Marketing Suite, a flexible and comprehensive marketing solution that provides all the capabilities for marketers to create and deliver exceptional and authentic customer experiences in any channel and via any device.