How to Tackle Student Loan Debt
Join our weekly #CreditChat on Twitter & Blab every Wednesday at 3 p.m. ET.
The Twitter panel included:
- Sallie Mae: Helping Students and Families Pay for College
- Ashley Hill: Scholarship Search Strategist
- Inceptia: Non-Profit Org Focused on Higher Education Access
- CordiaGrad: Helping Grads Take Control of Student Loans
The video panel included: Carissa Uhlman – Vice President of Student Success at Inceptia; Ashley Hill: Scholarship Search Strategist; Rod Griffin– Director of Public Education at Experian and Mike Delgado– Social Media Community Manager at Experian.
View the full discussion on Blab.
If you have ideas for future topics and guests, please tweet @Teena_LaRo.
Questions We Discussed:
- Q1: What should students know before taking a college loan?
- Q2: What are easy mistakes to make when applying or taking out student loans?
- Q3: How can college students reduce the amount of loans they’ll need?
- Q4: What tips do you have for college grads trying to figure out their finances?
- Q5: How do you balance paying off student loan debt while trying to save and/or invest?
- Q6: What are some ways to pay off a student loan faster?
- Q7: What should you do if you’re having trouble paying your student loans?
- Q8: What are pros and cons of student loan consolidation programs?
- Q9: Any final tips for paying off student loan debt?
View the entire discussion via Storify
Join our #CreditChat every Wednesday at 3p.m. ET on Twitter and Blab.im.
If you’ve never heard about #CreditChat, here is a brief overview:
Recent Chats on YouTube & Twitter