Cyber Insurance & Your Data Breach Response Plan
Entities that take the appropriate measures before a cyber-event occurs are better equipped to minimize the damage that may result.
Learn more about what to look for in a cyber-insurance provider.
The Right Choice for Your Cyber Insurance Panel
As a cyber insurance provider, you can count on Experian to add value to your cyber insurance policies. We’ve worked with Fortune 500 and mid-size companies in nearly every industry on breach response. Our reputation as an early innovator and leader in data breach resolution only serves to strengthen your standing in the cyber and data risk arenas.
Experian offers an all-inclusive data breach resolution option for your policy holders. We balance their needs for compliant notifications and incident management with the protection needs of the individuals affected in a breach. You can feel confident sending your policy holders to us. We offer:
- Incident management and reporting
- Consumer notification: printing, mailing, address verification
- Identity protection and call center support for affected individuals
ExtendCare™ fraud resolution to assist consumers with identity theft even after their identity protection memberships have expired
Rest assured we’ll take good care of your policy holders, helping to instill continued confidence and value in the cyber insurance policies they purchase from you. If you’re a cyber insurance provider, please contact us at 866 751 1323 or email@example.com for more information on adding Experian to your panel.
For Businesses: Three Factors that May Help to Control the Cost of a Breach
- Maintaining an updated incident response plan you can act on
- Having a Chief Information Security Officer2
- Purchasing a cyber insurance policy from a provider that has Experian on its panel
1. 2011 Cost of Data Breach Study, Ponemon Institute (2012)
2. Data breaches cost organizations with a CISO, on average, $80 less per compromised record. 2011 Cost of Data Breach Study, Ponemon Institute (2012)