Ways to Improve Your Credit Scores
Join our weekly #CreditChat on Twitter & Google Hangouts every Wednesday at 3 p.m. ET.
The panel included: Jeanne Kelly– Credit Coach, speaker and author; Rod Griffin– Director of Public Education at Experian and Mike Delgado– Social Media Community Manager at Experian.
View the full discussion on Google Hangouts.
If you have ideas for future topics and guests, please tweet @MikeDelgado.
Questions We Discussed:
- Q1: What info is on a credit report? (And what’s not on your report?)
- Q2: How often should people review their credit reports?
- Q3: What should you do if you find an error on your credit report?
- Q4: What should you do if you’re worried about credit fraud?
- Q5: Why are credit scores important? How are scores calculated?
- Q6: How can cosigning on a loan/credit account impact you?
- Q7: What are ways to build a great credit history?
- Q8: What are some of the biggest credit myths you’ve heard?
- Q9: Does it hurt your credit to see a credit counselor? Debt consolidation company?
- Q10: Any final tips for those that want to improve their credit?
View the entire discussion via Storify
View highlights from this chat on SlideShare:
Join our #CreditChat every Wednesday at 3p.m. ET on Twitter and Google Hangouts.
If you’ve never heard about #CreditChat, here is a brief overview:
Sample Letter for Disputing Errors on Your Credit Report via Federal Trade Commission
How A Good Credit Score Can Save You Money On Your Student Loans via Purefy
5 Reasons Your Credit Score Is More Important Than Your GPA via U.S. News
How to Build Credit via Nerd Wallet
6 Credit Score Myths Debunked via Huffington Post
Recent Chats on YouTube & Twitter