Holiday Hangover: Paying Off Debt
Did you overspend in December? Did you break your budget? This week we discussed strategies for paying down holiday bills faster. The Twitter panel included: Take Charge America; Carey Ransom, Chief Community Officer at Payoff; Jackie Beck: Founder of The Debt Myth and LaToya Irby: Credit & Debt Management Expert at About.com. And our Blab guests included: Amy Maliga: Take Charge America; Rod Griffin: Director of Public Education at Experian and Mike Delgado: Social Media Community Manager at Experian.
Here is the complete discussion on Blab.
If you have ideas for future topics and guests, please tweet @Teena_LaRo.
Questions We Discussed
- Q1: Have you assessed your holiday bills yet? Did you overspend?
- Q2: What happens if you avoid paying your holiday bills?
- Q3: What should you know about retail credit cards you might have taken out?
- Q4: What is a good starting point for someone starting to pay off holiday debt?
- Q5: What are ways to deal with holiday credit card debt?
- Q6: Should we be more focused on paying down debt or saving money?
- Q7: What should know about debt settlement companies?
- Q8: Where should you go if you need help with debt or credit?
- Q9: What can people do to avoid having a holiday hangover in the future?
- Q10: Any final tips for those struggling with debt?
View the Entire Tweetchat on Storify:
Join our #CreditChat every Wednesday at 3p.m. ET on Twitter and Blab.im.
If you’ve never heard about #CreditChat, here is a brief overview:
Recent Chats on YouTube & Twitter