Clone My Customer
Frequently Asked Questions
- Is Clone My Customer better than a standard mailing list?
Yes, as it is a targeted list of prospects who look like your best customers.
- How does Clone My Customer differ from a specialty mailing list?
A specialty list focuses on the area of specialty (i.e., GreenAwareSM, New Parents DatabaseSM, New Homeowners DatabaseSM, etc.) instead of the attributes of your best customers.
- What customer characteristics do you evaluate?
A- Clone My Customers models are based on proprietary Experian data covering a wide range of demographic, psychographic and behavioral elements. Experian data records matching the client’s customer file become targets and a sample of records from the selected scoring geography (not matching any customer record) become non-targets. Models are built using factor analysis and logistic regression and are validated to ensure quality. Individuals in the selected geography then are scored. Higher scores indicate a higher degree of similarity between the scored individuals and the client’s customers.
- How many records do I have to upload?
You must upload a minimum of 100 records.
- When I was selecting my customers’ demographics, one of the selections said “Unknown.” What does that mean?
A- “Unknown” refers to a name that can be either gender: “In case you don’t know the gender of a name on your list, like the name Pat, please select ‘Unknown.’”
- What file format do I need to use when submitting my customer file?
Your customer file needs to be a CSV or text file.
- What is Address 2?
Address 2 is for an apartment or suite number.
- How do I convert my excel file to a csv or text file?
Open your Excel document, select Save As, Other Formats. Now just select the Save As Type menu item Text Tab Delimited (*.txt) or (Macintosh) and a location. The resulting file then can be opened and used in basically any office or desktop publishing application you have.
- How does the Clone My Customer work?
Experian® analyzes your customer file to see what traits or characteristics your best customers have in common. Then we use those traits and search our entire database and find prospects who are just like your best customers. Have questions? Call us at 1 888 808 8242.
- How do I know who my best customers are?
Each business has unique needs in terms of selecting whom to include on a Clone My Customer list from Experian. Your consumer prospect list might include:
- Customers who have a high value to you based on total purchase amount or lifetime purchase value
- Loyal customers who have the highest loyalty to or longevity with your business
- Recent buyers who are likely to respond to seasonal or new product offers
- Customers who demonstrate a buying pattern, such as premium product buyers or those who have purchased three times in the past three months
- However you decide to determine your best population to clone, the cloning process will profile those customers for you and find people who have similar characteristics and therefore have a higher propensity to purchase from you.
- Clone those customers who spend the most in a given visit/time period, return often and have been loyal to your business through time and change.
Call us at 1 888 808 8242 and we'll upload your list for you.