Disputing Online is the Quick, Easy Alternative
Just answer a couple questions and we'll help you get started.
Instructions for Disputing by Mail
Experian's mailing address for dispute requests is:
P.O. Box 4500
Allen, TX 75013
In order to help you to submit an accurate request, you may find it useful to first obtain
a current copy of your personal Experian credit report.
Please include all of the following when requesting your dispute:
- Your full name including middle initial (and generation such as JR, SR, II, III)
- Your date of birth
- Your Social Security number (if you have never been issued a social security number, please note that in your request)
- All addresses where you have lived during the past two years
- One copy of a government issued identification card, such as a driver's license, state or military ID card, etc.
- One copy of a utility bill, bank or insurance statement, etc.
- List each item on your report that you believe is inaccurate, the account number and the specific reason you feel the information is incorrect.
- There is no charge for submitting a dispute.
Send your completed dispute information to the address above. Only include copies and do not send original documentation. Experian cannot return copies from your mailed request.
What happens next?
- Once we receive your request, we will contact the furnisher of the information or the vendor who collected the information from a public record source (such as a court or other government office).
- When we complete our dispute process, which may take up to 30 days, we will send you the results.
- To check the status of your dispute, visit www.experian.com/status. You will need a report number from a current copy of your personal credit report.