Disputing Online is the Quick, Easy Alternative
Just answer a couple questions and we'll help you get started.
Instructions for Disputing by Mail
Experian's mailing address for dispute requests is:
P.O. Box 4500
Allen, TX 75013
You can submit your dispute and any supporting documents more quickly at experian.com/upload.
In order to help you to submit an accurate request, you may find it useful to first obtain your personal Experian credit report.
Please include all of the following when requesting your dispute:
- Your full name including middle initial (and generation such as JR, SR, II, III)
- Your date of birth
- Your Social Security number (if you have never been issued a social security number, please note that in your request)
- All addresses where you have lived during the past two years
- One copy of a government issued identification card, such as a driver's license or state ID card, etc.
- One copy of a utility bill, bank or insurance statement, etc.
- List each item on your report that you believe is inaccurate, the account number and the specific reason you feel the information is incorrect.
- There is no charge for submitting a dispute.
Send your completed dispute information to the address above. Only include copies and do not send original documentation. Experian cannot return copies from your mailed request.
What happens next?
- Once we receive your request, we will contact the furnisher of the information or the vendor who collected the information from a public record source (such as a court or other government office).
- When we complete our dispute process, which may take up to 30 days, we will send you the results.
- To check the status of your dispute, visit www.experian.com/status. You will need a report number from a current copy of your personal credit report.