Episode management, particularly the 30-90 days post-discharge, is incredibly important for all types of healthcare entities seeking to succeed under value-based reimbursement. Millions of dollars in revenue, shared savings, and bundled payment contracts are at-risk when hospitals, ACOs, bundled payment conveners, and others don’t have visibility into their patient’s care after hospital discharge.
Leading health care organizations are realizing the solution is not simply to hire an army of care managers, but rather, to supplement a care management team with focused automation to double or triple their productivity by sharing workflow and care management with the patient’s community providers, including independent MD offices, skilled nursing facilities (SNFs), home health agencies (HHAs), and others. Having the right care solutions in place is critical to ensuring successful episode management.
- Reduce readmissions and manage episode/post-acute costs
- Maximize Medicare reimbursement, minimize Medicare penalties and, hopefully, earn bonuses
- Profit at and contract for bundled payments
- Maximize commercial reimbursement
- Improve outcomes and lower costs for greater fee for value (FFV) in the future
Learn how Experian Health can help you success in the new FFV environment. Access our on demand Episode Management webinar.