Under Washington law, we must convey your dispute to the source of the information within five business days after receiving your request for investigation. If we determine that the request is frivolous or irrelevant as defined by the Fair Credit Reporting Act, we will notify you within five business days of the reasons for our decision. The results of our investigation will be sent to you within five business days after the investigation is complete. If you request, we will provide you with the company name, address and telephone number of any person contacted during the investigation. If you believe that a law regulating consumer credit reporting has been violated, you may file a complaint with the Washington State Attorney General’s Office, Consumer Protection Division, 800 5th Ave. Suite 2000, Seattle, WA. 98104-3188, 1 800 551 4636, http://www.atg.wa.gov/FileAComplaint.aspx.
- Credit Report Basics
- Credit Score Basics
- Preventing Fraud
- Life Events
- Preapproved Credit Offers
- Credit Report FAQs
- What is Credit
- Credit Score FAQs
- Credit Myths
- Life Events and Credit
- How to Dispute Credit Report Information
- Disputes FAQs
- Instructions for Disputing by Mail
- Experian’s Document Upload Service
- Annual Credit Report FAQs
How will the outcome of the 2016 presidential election affect the economy and the financial well-being of individual Americans?
- I Have a Credit Card I No Longer Use. Is It Bad to Close a Credit Card?
- Does Leasing a Car Build Credit?
- Why Does My Credit Report Still Show a Charge Off on an Account?
- How Long Do Collections Stay on Your Credit Report?
- I’d Like to Improve My Credit Score by 100 Points. What Are Some Steps I Can Take to Do So?
- What are the Different Credit Scoring Ranges?
- Quiz: Child Identity Theft – Are You In the Know?
- How Often is My FICO® 8 Score Updated?
- Submit Disputes Online or by Telephone
- Experian’s Credit Games – Skills Sprint (Part 1 of 3)
- Understanding Your Experian Credit Report
- Debt Consolidation: Credit Cards and Loans
- What is a Credit Utilization Rate?