Personal Services — Frequently Asked Questions

  • How can I order a copy of my personal credit report?
  • For quick access to your personal credit report, go to Personal Services and select any of our options for ordering your personal credit report.

    You also may call 1 866 200 6020 to request a copy of your personal credit report to be delivered by U.S. mail.

    All consumers are also eligible to obtain one statutory free annual credit file disclosure from each of the national credit reporting companies every twelve months. You may request your disclosures at or by calling 877 FACTACT. If you prefer to write, a request form is available at

  • How can I dispute information on my report that is inaccurate?
  • If you already have an Experian credit report you can dispute online for fast resolution. Or, contact us at the phone number on your report. We cannot accept disputes via email.

    If you have a document that you would like to submit to substantiate a dispute regarding the information on your personal credit report, mail it to the address displayed on your credit report from Experian's National Consumer Assistance Center.

  • I may be a victim of fraud – can Experian help?
  • For fast assistance with step-by-step instructions you can go to our online Fraud Center. We’ll show you how to add a fraud security alert message to your credit file, and explain important steps to take. Or, contact us at 1 888 EXPERIAN (1 888 397 3742) and select the option for fraud assistance. Our automated phone system will provide the same service as our online Fraud Center.

  • I have a question about my Triple Advantage or Experian Credit Tracker membership – who do I call?
  • If you’re a member of Triple Advantage or Experian Credit Tracker and have a question or comment you can call us at 1 877 284 7942 or email us at

  • I hear I can get a free copy of my credit report if I’ve been turned down for a loan. How does that work?
  • Under the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA), you may be entitled to receive a free copy of your personal credit report if you have received notice within the past 60 days that you have been declined credit, employment or housing, or if adverse action has been taken against you based on information from Experian. You can order your free report online at, or by calling 1 866 200 6020. If not eligible, some state laws require a free credit report or a lesser fee for consumers in their states.

    * Our online credit report is a premium service requiring a fee of $9.50. If you are entitled to a free report under the FCRA and contact us at the above number, we will gladly mail your report to you as soon as possible.

  • I have a few questions about my credit. Can I speak with someone?
  • Experian believes we can best assist consumers who have received a copy of their personal credit report. Once you receive your report, contact us at the number displayed on your report for assistance. Or, for questions about credit in general, check out the Credit education section of our Web site.

  • How do I remove my name from telemarketing mailing lists?
  • You can choose not to receive most targeted advertising by opting out. However, you should weigh your decision carefully. While opting out will not eliminate all targeted advertising, it will eliminate most catalogs, preapproved bank and retail credit offers, and other invitation-only offers you may enjoy receiving.

    For more information on opting out of specific types of targeted advertising, please visit the Opt out section for specific instructions on how to remove your name from direct mail, telemarketing, email and preapproved offers.

  • ©2015 Experian Information Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.