My Experian Marketing Services’ colleagues and resident data experts Bill Tancer and Marcus Tewskbury answered the above question for marketers during our recent 2012 Holiday Planning Webinar. The webinar recapped key 2011 holiday marketing results, plus featured trends, benchmarks and recommendations for a successful and profitable 2012 holiday shopping season. Here are a few cool facts:
- For the first time, last year’s Cyber Monday beat Thanksgiving Day as the busiest online shopping day of the year
- Facebook and Pinterest were the top traffic sources to the Experian Marketing Services Retail 500
- Pinterest visitors most often went to etsy.com and amazon.com from the pinterest.com site
- Dynamic content in emails can drive up to a 70% lift in open rates
- Tying web, email and in-store promotions together enhances the shopping experience and improves sales
The bottom line is that marketers need to understand where there customers are, when they are there, and what they are doing. Armed with that knowledge, you can deliver personalized and targeted holiday messages that are sure to make this shopping season merry and bright (and profitable!). View the webinar to learn more.
Learn more about the author, Pamela Robertson