Credit Bureau Expertise
In today's highly competitive markets, lenders need to ensure that they are making the right credit decisions.
Why Choose Experian?
Mike Herman, Ford Credit Europe: 'Their innovative products and services enable us to access the data and interpret it quickly and consistently.'
Experian’s Bureau Formula
Our approach to the development of a credit bureau is to harness the power of the data that is available in each market.
The Experian Bureau Solution
A credit bureau system needs to be tailored to the market and legal requirements relevant to the country where the solution is to be deployed.
Why is a Credit Bureau Needed?
The UN agency, International Finance Corporation (IFC) says that "credit bureaus are essential not only to individual prosperity, but also to a country's overall economic growth".
- Governments and Central Banks need Credit Bureaus to help control consumer and business indebtedness
- Lenders need Credit Bureaus to assess risk and allocate credit more efficiently by making more informed decisions
- Consumers need Credit Bureaus to gain credit more easily, without having to rely on personal relations with the lender
- Businesses need Credit Bureaus to have greater access to credit with better interest rates
Credit Bureaus in Financial Markets
According to the International Finance Corporation (IFC), the role of the Credit Bureaus in financial markets is to:
- decrease information asymmetries between borrowers and lenders
- allow lenders to more accurately evaluate risks and improve portfolio quality
- ease adverse selection problems and lower the cost of credit for good borrowers
- increase credit volume/improve access to credit
- support introduction of credit scoring and automated underwriting, lower lender operational costs and improve profitability