Find Answers to Your Credit Questions
Search the Ask Experian advice column. If you don't find the answers you're looking for, you'll have the chance to ask your specific question.
Do you have a question about consumer credit? You may find an immediate answer by using the search engine. If you can't find what you're looking for, please fill out the form, being as specific as possible.
Please note: The Ask Experian team cannot respond to each question individually. However, if your question is of interest to a wide audience of consumers, the Experian team will include it in a future column.
Update Credit Report
You play a very important role in the credit reporting process by helping ensure everything being reported to Experian is correct. You have a right to view your credit report and to dispute anything you believe may be inaccurate.
Learn how to get your credit report, when you can get free copies, how to dispute information and how credit monitoring services can help you successfully manage your credit.
- Auto repossession remains for a time after being paid off
- Buy-here-pay-here dealer not likely to report payments
- Credit information is updated continuously
- Ensuring account is reported “closed”
- Ensuring charges sent to collection in error are not in credit report
- Getting credit report updated quickly after debts are paid
- How long before paid credit cards are updated
- How long it takes for a $0.00 balance to show in your credit report
- Income is not part of a credit report so cannot be updated with Experian
- Individuals cannot report their own accounts
- Paid court judgments updated automatically, not deleted immediately
- Reporting accounts to Experian is probably cost prohibitive for small business
- Reporting utility bill payments will be beneficial to consumers
- Sending change of address to Experian not necessary
- Stopping preapproved credit offers addressed to deceased son
- Updating bankruptcy information
- Updating employer listing on your credit report
- Updating the employers listed on your credit report
- Updating your report when a tax lien is released
- What to do if you are mistakenly reported as deceased
- When will paid accounts be updated?