Find Answers to Your Credit Questions
Search the Ask Experian advice column. If you don't find the answers you're looking for, you'll have the chance to ask your specific question.
Do you have a question about consumer credit? You may find an immediate answer by using the search engine. If you can't find what you're looking for, please fill out the form, being as specific as possible.
Please note: The Ask Experian team cannot respond to each question individually. However, if your question is of interest to a wide audience of consumers, the Experian team will include it in a future column.
Poor Credit Rating
Poor credit scores can prevent you from getting the credit you need, or can cause you to pay higher interest rates or fees for loans. Poor scores could cause you to be declined when you try to refinance your mortgage, resulting in the loss of thousands of dollars. Because credit scores reflect the information in your credit report, you can take action to ensure your credit scores qualify you for the credit you need.
Get advice on why you might have bad credit scores and what you can do to make them better.
- Be cautious about adding statements to your credit history
- Changing name when married won’t link you to his bad credit
- Getting free credit report when application is declined
- Having bad credit even when all of your bills are paid on time
- No credit history cause for declination, not lack of credit score
- Secured credit card application denied, but not by Experian
- The consequences of writing a check when there is no account
- What happens when you pay off “bad” credit