Find Answers to Your Credit Questions
Search the Ask Experian advice column. If you don't find the answers you're looking for, you'll have the chance to ask your specific question.
Do you have a question about consumer credit? You may find an immediate answer by using the search engine. If you can't find what you're looking for, please fill out the form, being as specific as possible.
Please note: The Ask Experian team cannot respond to each question individually. However, if your question is of interest to a wide audience of consumers, the Experian team will include it in a future column.
Are you trying to build credit for the first time, or perhaps re-build your credit standing after going through some financial difficulties? Good credit is necessary if you plan to use credit to make a major purchase someday.
The only way to build a credit history is to use credit. The key to building good credit is to use credit wisely. Whenever you submit an application for a loan, insurance or credit card, new information is added to your credit report. If you have little or no credit history, you can build credit responsibly over time. Get advice on why you may not have a credit report, what information is included in credit reports, what happens when you don’t use credit and more.
- Adding daughter as authorized user can help build credit history
- Being a cosigner can help build your credit
- Building credit after paying off old debts
- Canadian credit history will not transfer to the United States
- Credit cards with low limits still can build strong credit
- Credit history will not move with you to Canada
- Establishing credit history after moving to U.S. from Canada
- Helping child in college establish credit
- How a senior citizen can have no credit history
- How long does it take for paid off accounts to show zero balance
- Improving credit score without credit card
- It is possible to not have a credit report
- Keeping personal and business credit separate
- Lack of credit use can result in loss of credit scores
- Making very good credit scores better
- New Internet site helps employers increase their employees’ credit knowledge
- Prepaid credit cards don’t help build credit history
- Prepaid credit cards not reported to credit reporting companies
- Qualifying for new credit when you don’t have any credit history
- Reducing credit card balances should help credit scores
- Reestablishing credit after moving from Canada
- Reestablishing credit when your spouse dies
- Secured credit card could help build a positive credit history
- U.S. credit report won’t transfer to the U.K.
- Use cards a little and pay balances in full to build credit
- Why banning access to credit for students is a bad idea
- Why it is important to establish credit when you are young