Experian's fraud protection practices
We strive to protect your credit information with the following
- We drop several digits from each of your credit
account numbers on your personal credit report.
- We do not display on your personal credit report the
Social Security number that you provided to us when you requested your
- We build sophisticated fraud products to assure the integrity of our credit
database and to protect consumers and creditors.
- We continually monitor access to our database
with sophisticated software, so that if unusual activity occurs,
our security and fraud control department
- We work with law enforcement authorities to catch fraud
- We require a business to designate a permissible
purpose under federal law before they can access consumer credit
- We follow extensive procedures to assure that we accept only
reputable businesses as our customers.
- We build extensive barriers to prevent computer hackers
from accessing consumer credit data.