Understanding your VantageScore

VantageScore is a credit score that was developed by the three national credit reporting companies (CRCs) - Experian, TransUnion and Equifax. The VantageScore model ranges from 300 to 850 -- a numerical scale that is more commonly used by other credit scoring models.

The VantageScore 3.0 model is used as a risk score, which is a key component that lenders use to determine creditworthiness.