Blog » Community » What’s the best way to dispute incorrect information?

What’s the best way to dispute incorrect information?

The easiest, fastest and safest way to dispute inaccurate information on your credit report is online at

If you have a current copy of your personal credit report, you can enter the credit report number into the online system. If you don’t have a current copy of your credit report, you can enter your information where indicated and Experian will give you a free report.

Simply follow the instructions provided to dispute any inaccurate information.

Allow 30-45 days for the dispute process to be completed. Most disputes are completed within 10-14 business days. You will receive a notice of the results of your dispute upon completion.

Check out the scope to hear answers to all the questions asked:

View scope.

Do you have questions about credit?

Join our live video chat every Tuesday and Thursday at 3:00 p.m. ET on Periscope. Rod Griffin, Director of Public Education at Experian, is available to answer your questions live.
Scoped on: 6/22/2017

Review Your Free Experian Credit Report Today

Good credit begins with knowing where your credit is today. Get started with your free Experian Credit Report, updated every 30 days on sign in. No credit card required.

Get Started for Free

Credit Education

Credit Cards & Loans

Get credit cards and loans from our trusted network of partners. See credit offers based on your credit when you sign up for free.

Browse Credit Cards & Loans

Here’s How Much Your Personal Information Is Selling for on the Dark Web

The dark web is a huge marketplace for stolen data and personal information. Find out how much your information is selling for on the dark web.