May 23, 2017
Dear Experian, Should closed and paid off accounts be taken off my report or does that not matter? – JOM Dear JOM, Even though an account is paid off...
March 28, 2017
Dear Experian, Can I get closed accounts with $0 balance removed from my credit report? – LLV Dear LLV, When you pay off and close an account, the creditor...
December 29, 2016
Dear Experian, I consolidated my school loans last year. Should I work to have those closed accounts removed? There are several of them. I don’t know, even though they’re...
July 17, 2016
Dear Experian, Will the closed account ever be removed from my credit report? - OWE
January 15, 2014
Dear Experian, How do I have old credit card accounts that are long ago closed or paid off removed from my credit report? I know that my score is negatively...
August 15, 2013
Dear Experian, Some of my accounts that are paid in full show “closed” instead of “paid in full.” Does this hurt my credit rating? If my account is paid...
June 20, 2012
Dear Experian, How do I go about getting old, closed in good standing, credit card accounts off my credit report? - GRB
January 18, 2012
Dear Experian, I printed my and my husband's credit reports. There are accounts that have been closed for years, but a note says they will remain on the report for...
- Does an overdraft on my checking account affect my credit score?
- How long can negative items stay on your credit report?
- How often should I check my credit score?
- Is there a way to consolidate debt without ruining your credit?
- Does everyone start out with the same credit score?
- I’m 16 years old. How do you get started with credit?
- How does cosigning affect your credit? Does it show as a debt?
- If you apply for two credit cards in the same month, will it affect your credit score twice?
- How can a credit score from TransUnion and Experian be 50 points different?
- Why do Experian, Equifax and TransUnion differ so much in score?
- Remove Authorized User Accounts from Credit Report
- How Long Do Inquiries Impact My Scores?
- 5 Reasons Your Credit Scores May Have Dropped (And What That Can Mean)
- Will I Qualify For That Car Loan?
- Separating Credit Reports of Father and Son
- Credit Scores and Your Home Equity Line of Credit
- The Meaning of “Too Few Accounts Paid as Agreed”
- U.S. Credit History Will Not Transfer to Canada
- The Impact of Credit Counseling on Credit Scores
- Insurance Inquiries Do Not Affect Credit Scores
- Getting Removed as a Joint Credit Card Account Holder
- Consigning for an Apartment Could Help or Hurt Credit
- Missing Accounts Not Reported by Your Lenders
- Cell Phone Payments are Not Reported