January 12, 2017
Dear Experian, I had a car payment that was seriously delinquent in 2015. In January of 2016 I brought the payment current, and the monthly payment has been paid...
July 18, 2016
Dear Experian, What are the definitions of charged off, written off and transferred? - CPL
July 13, 2016
Dear Experian, What does it mean when Account Type/Status says "Charge Off"? Does this mean I no longer owe this amount? - ERS
August 7, 2014
Dear Experian, I have a charge off from 2009. I am in a payment plan. Does this mean I started the clock over on when the charge off will be...
February 28, 2013
Dear Experian, If an account is "charged off" and sold to collection agency, how can both accounts be used against you? My credit report shows two negative accounts. I owed...
January 16, 2013
Dear Experian, If a charged off credit card is about to drop off and I pay it off, can the creditor restart the seven year time frame on my report? Thank...
October 10, 2012
Dear Experian, Does paying off a closed or charged off account raise your credit scores? -TYC
November 23, 2011
Dear Experian, What is a "charge off," and what does it mean? - TPA
- Does an overdraft on my checking account affect my credit score?
- How long can negative items stay on your credit report?
- How often should I check my credit score?
- Is there a way to consolidate debt without ruining your credit?
- Does everyone start out with the same credit score?
- I’m 16 years old. How do you get started with credit?
- How does cosigning affect your credit? Does it show as a debt?
- If you apply for two credit cards in the same month, will it affect your credit score twice?
- How can a credit score from TransUnion and Experian be 50 points different?
- Why do Experian, Equifax and TransUnion differ so much in score?
- Remove Authorized User Accounts from Credit Report
- How Long Do Inquiries Impact My Scores?
- 5 Reasons Your Credit Scores May Have Dropped (And What That Can Mean)
- Will I Qualify For That Car Loan?
- Separating Credit Reports of Father and Son
- Credit Scores and Your Home Equity Line of Credit
- The Meaning of “Too Few Accounts Paid as Agreed”
- U.S. Credit History Will Not Transfer to Canada
- The Impact of Credit Counseling on Credit Scores
- Insurance Inquiries Do Not Affect Credit Scores
- Getting Removed as a Joint Credit Card Account Holder
- Consigning for an Apartment Could Help or Hurt Credit
- Missing Accounts Not Reported by Your Lenders
- Cell Phone Payments are Not Reported