July 20, 2017
Dear Experian, Can a creditor still garnish your wages even though the account is showing “closed” on my credit report? The account shows as, “Charged off as bad debt....
July 11, 2017
Dear Experian, I had student loans in default that have now been consolidated and brought current through another company earlier this year. All student loans are still reporting as...
June 1, 2017
Dear Experian, If you make payments within the grace period, does that affect your credit report? – TWB Dear TWB, A grace period is a set amount of time...
March 30, 2017
Dear Experian, I have missed a payment of $18 on my credit card. This was my first late payment on any card. This month, my credit score dropped by...
March 21, 2017
Dear Experian, I recently had a garnishment due to a medical billing and insurance coverage issue. The entire balance was paid in a matter of eight weeks. The collection...
October 24, 2014
Dear Experian, I recently paid a settlement on a delinquent account. I have the release letters and was told I can send them in directly in order to have the...
February 13, 2013
Dear Experian, Do creditors have any obligation to notify you directly of an impending report of a late payment other than a monthly statement? - BNF
October 12, 2011
Dear Experian, If payment has not been delinquent for two or more years can it be removed from potentially negative status? - FRA
July 6, 2011
Dear Experian, Are past delinquencies that have been paid off ever removed from the credit report? Also, do you have someone that you recommend for cleaning up credit? - WHI
- Does an overdraft on my checking account affect my credit score?
- How long can negative items stay on your credit report?
- How often should I check my credit score?
- Is there a way to consolidate debt without ruining your credit?
- Does everyone start out with the same credit score?
- I’m 16 years old. How do you get started with credit?
- How does cosigning affect your credit? Does it show as a debt?
- If you apply for two credit cards in the same month, will it affect your credit score twice?
- How can a credit score from TransUnion and Experian be 50 points different?
- Why do Experian, Equifax and TransUnion differ so much in score?
- Remove Authorized User Accounts from Credit Report
- How Long Do Inquiries Impact My Scores?
- 5 Reasons Your Credit Scores May Have Dropped (And What That Can Mean)
- Will I Qualify For That Car Loan?
- Separating Credit Reports of Father and Son
- Credit Scores and Your Home Equity Line of Credit
- The Meaning of “Too Few Accounts Paid as Agreed”
- U.S. Credit History Will Not Transfer to Canada
- The Impact of Credit Counseling on Credit Scores
- Insurance Inquiries Do Not Affect Credit Scores
- Getting Removed as a Joint Credit Card Account Holder
- Consigning for an Apartment Could Help or Hurt Credit
- Missing Accounts Not Reported by Your Lenders
- Cell Phone Payments are Not Reported