December 21, 2011
Dear Experian, How do I get the word to Experian that my income has greatly increased? I was denied a credit limit increase on my credit card, and I...
November 23, 2011
Dear Experian, Someone is using my five-year-old daughter’s Social Security number. They already have two credit cards open under her number. What should I do? - REN
September 28, 2011
Dear Experian, I have been applying for work at employment agencies. They want my permission to conduct a credit check. My concern is that I was told in the past...
September 28, 2011
Dear Experian, Does having a joint checking account bring down a person’s credit score? - WAG
September 14, 2011
Dear Experian, I am trying to rebuild my credit. Is it better to keep a zero balance on the credit cards that I have recently paid off or keep a...
August 31, 2011
Dear Readers, According to research by the Personal Finance Employee Education Foundation (PFEEF), as many as 80 percent of employees spend work time dealing with financial issues, costing companies as...
August 17, 2011
Dear Experian, My student loans were consolidated into a new loan. Both the new loan and all of the old loans are on my credit report. The old loans say...
August 3, 2011
Dear Experian, I have been divorced over one year. My ex-spouse was awarded the house and all bills that she has with that house. I want that off my credit...
July 20, 2011
Dear Experian, I recently moved here from British Columbia, Canada, and when I apply for a credit card here you deny it because you say my credit information is not...
- Does an overdraft on my checking account affect my credit score?
- How long can negative items stay on your credit report?
- How often should I check my credit score?
- Is there a way to consolidate debt without ruining your credit?
- Does everyone start out with the same credit score?
- I’m 16 years old. How do you get started with credit?
- How does cosigning affect your credit? Does it show as a debt?
- If you apply for two credit cards in the same month, will it affect your credit score twice?
- How can a credit score from TransUnion and Experian be 50 points different?
- Why do Experian, Equifax and TransUnion differ so much in score?
- Remove Authorized User Accounts from Credit Report
- How Long Do Inquiries Impact My Scores?
- 5 Reasons Your Credit Scores May Have Dropped (And What That Can Mean)
- Will I Qualify For That Car Loan?
- Separating Credit Reports of Father and Son
- Credit Scores and Your Home Equity Line of Credit
- The Meaning of “Too Few Accounts Paid as Agreed”
- U.S. Credit History Will Not Transfer to Canada
- The Impact of Credit Counseling on Credit Scores
- Insurance Inquiries Do Not Affect Credit Scores
- Getting Removed as a Joint Credit Card Account Holder
- Consigning for an Apartment Could Help or Hurt Credit
- Missing Accounts Not Reported by Your Lenders
- Cell Phone Payments are Not Reported