September 10, 2013
Dear Experian, What is and where can I find my Security Freeze Personal Identification Number? I have an extended fraud alert on my credit report and would like it removed....
August 16, 2013
Dear Experian, Is writing checks on an account which has been closed considered illegal? - LXS
August 16, 2013
Dear Experian, Does adding a security alert raise your credit score or affect it in any way? - WCB
August 13, 2013
Dear Experian, I was a victim of check fraud. I was told I'm entitled to seven years of free fraud alerts as long as I have a police report. Is...
July 17, 2013
Dear Experian, Is it a problem if I do not remove a fraud alert once I have confirmed that no breach was possible? Or do I have to remove the...
July 3, 2013
Dear Experian, I have not been contacted to lift a fraud alert on my account to approve a recent credit inquiry. Should I receive a request to remove the alert...
July 3, 2013
Dear Experian, How do I add a telephone number to an extended credit alert? - LKK
June 20, 2013
Dear Experian, How do I cancel a 7-year fraud alert once I create it? I am in the process of looking for new housing and believe I would have to...
June 5, 2013
Dear Experian, I cannot sign up for satellite television because they say we have a fraud alert attached to our credit history. We do not need a fraud alert. How...
May 22, 2013
Dear Experian, I placed a security freeze on my account and have misplaced the PIN needed to temporarily remove the freeze. How do I get a replacement PIN? - MCH
February 13, 2013
Dear Readers, Consumers have reported receiving automated calls asking for their Social Security numbers and other personal information in order to opt out of marketing mailing lists. Under the...
October 24, 2012
Dear Experian, How can I get a credit freeze on my report? -FSG
October 10, 2012
Dear Experian, I do not want to lift my security freeze but want to apply for a new credit card. Is that possible to do without lifting the freeze? -HPD
August 1, 2012
Dear Experian, I work for a school district and its information has been hacked. They advised us to contact the credit companies. What I should do to protect myself? They...
July 18, 2012
Dear Experian, How do you remove an Active Duty Alert? I am not on active duty and have never been in the service, but I have an Active Duty Alert...
- Does an overdraft on my checking account affect my credit score?
- How long can negative items stay on your credit report?
- How often should I check my credit score?
- Is there a way to consolidate debt without ruining your credit?
- Does everyone start out with the same credit score?
- I’m 16 years old. How do you get started with credit?
- How does cosigning affect your credit? Does it show as a debt?
- If you apply for two credit cards in the same month, will it affect your credit score twice?
- How can a credit score from TransUnion and Experian be 50 points different?
- Why do Experian, Equifax and TransUnion differ so much in score?
- Remove Authorized User Accounts from Credit Report
- How Long Do Inquiries Impact My Scores?
- 5 Reasons Your Credit Scores May Have Dropped (And What That Can Mean)
- Will I Qualify For That Car Loan?
- Separating Credit Reports of Father and Son
- Credit Scores and Your Home Equity Line of Credit
- The Meaning of “Too Few Accounts Paid as Agreed”
- U.S. Credit History Will Not Transfer to Canada
- The Impact of Credit Counseling on Credit Scores
- Insurance Inquiries Do Not Affect Credit Scores
- Getting Removed as a Joint Credit Card Account Holder
- Consigning for an Apartment Could Help or Hurt Credit
- Missing Accounts Not Reported by Your Lenders
- Cell Phone Payments are Not Reported