February 23, 2017
Dear Experian, What would happen if I didn’t pay my credit card bill, but I pay all my other bills on time every month? Would it still hurt my...
February 16, 2017
Dear Experian, I am completely overextended with credit card debt but pay my bills on time. If I call a credit card company and negotiate a settlement or lower...
February 9, 2017
Dear Experian, Is it a good idea to obtain a personal loan to consolidate or pay off credit card debt? I currently pay approximately $800 a month to credit...
February 7, 2017
Dear Experian, I am on disability income but have not yet been able to get my student loans forgiven. If am unable to get them forgiven, can I take...
February 2, 2017
Dear Experian, Do credit card inquiries hurt you long-term? If I apply for credit and am denied, how many points will my score drop? – PYL Dear PYL, It’s...
January 26, 2017
Dear Experian, I have an account listed as “Closed – Account closed at Credit Grantor’s Request.” What does this mean? I was never late on any payment for this...
January 19, 2017
Dear Experian, Does closing a credit card account that I don’t use hurt my credit? – TMY Dear TMY, Yes, closing a credit card account you no longer use...
January 10, 2017
Dear Experian, How long does it take for a collection to be deleted from my credit report? – SMQ Dear SMQ, Your credit report is a history of all...
December 15, 2016
Dear Experian, When I checked my credit report through an online service, my report showed that I had nothing in collections. When a bank that I went to pulled...
December 8, 2016
Dear Experian, If I have an introductory zero-interest window on a new credit card (15 months), and I use that card to pay off a home renovation – will...
November 2, 2016
Dear Experian, I think I have too many credit cards and would like to close a couple. I have good payment history with these credit cards; however, I heard...
October 18, 2016
Dear Experian, I have significant credit card debt and I’m considering a consolidation loan. Is this a good idea? What other debt management options are there? – JCB Dear...
October 18, 2016
Dear Experian, I had some financial difficulty last year and defaulted on my student loan in an amount close to $5,000. I have the money to pay it off...
October 4, 2016
Dear Readers, We sometimes get asked what a cash advance is and if it can hurt credit reports and scores. A cash advance is essentially a short term loan...
September 20, 2016
Dear Readers, We sometimes get asked about payday loans and debt consolidation. Payday loans are short-term loans where an individual can borrow funds needed to cover unexpected expenses until...
- Does an overdraft on my checking account affect my credit score?
- How long can negative items stay on your credit report?
- How often should I check my credit score?
- Is there a way to consolidate debt without ruining your credit?
- Does everyone start out with the same credit score?
- I’m 16 years old. How do you get started with credit?
- How does cosigning affect your credit? Does it show as a debt?
- If you apply for two credit cards in the same month, will it affect your credit score twice?
- How can a credit score from TransUnion and Experian be 50 points different?
- Why do Experian, Equifax and TransUnion differ so much in score?
- Remove Authorized User Accounts from Credit Report
- How Long Do Inquiries Impact My Scores?
- 5 Reasons Your Credit Scores May Have Dropped (And What That Can Mean)
- Will I Qualify For That Car Loan?
- Separating Credit Reports of Father and Son
- Credit Scores and Your Home Equity Line of Credit
- The Meaning of “Too Few Accounts Paid as Agreed”
- U.S. Credit History Will Not Transfer to Canada
- The Impact of Credit Counseling on Credit Scores
- Insurance Inquiries Do Not Affect Credit Scores
- Getting Removed as a Joint Credit Card Account Holder
- Consigning for an Apartment Could Help or Hurt Credit
- Missing Accounts Not Reported by Your Lenders
- Cell Phone Payments are Not Reported