September 13, 2017
Find out how identity thieves can steal your personal information with a skimmer at the gas pump and how to protect yourself.
September 8, 2017
Not everyone will be a victim of identity theft as a result of a breach, but keeping informed can help you mitigate risk when dealing with any data breach....
September 8, 2017
Identity theft is on the rise, as are incidents that contribute to identity theft risks, such as data breaches that compromise consumer information.
September 7, 2017
CNBC recently reported that older Americans lose at least $36.5 billion every year on fraud. While anyone can be a victim, there are a growing number of scams targeting...
September 1, 2017
Americans are spending more time online and, unfortunately, so are criminals. While the FBI reports many crimes (property crimes, burglary, and larceny-theft) have decreased over the last several years, rates...
August 28, 2017
Dark web monitoring, also known as cyber monitoring, is an identity theft prevention product that enables you to monitor your identity information on the dark web, and receive notifications if...
August 25, 2017
There are various steps you can take to protect yourself online. One way you can keep your personal information from getting into the wrong hands with an additional step on...
August 24, 2017
If you're thinking of sharing your password, online logins, credit card numbers or PINs with a friend or family member, you may want to reconsider.
August 22, 2017
Learn more about what the dark web is, and why it should matter to you as a part of your identity protection strategy.
August 16, 2017
You buckle them into car seats, make sure they wear a helmet when riding their bikes and keep a first-aid kit on hand at all times. As a parent,...
June 15, 2017
While the details of flights, hotels and activities are top of mind for most travelers, many forget to take simple steps before they travel to protect their identity.
March 2, 2017
Financial blogger Kem Washington shares how she was able to bounce back from the personal devastation of identity theft.
November 30, 2016
Looking to avoid a side of identity theft along with your Christmas ham? Make sure you’re keeping things in trim with these best practices.
October 25, 2016
See how knowledgeable you are about identity theft when kids are the victims. When it comes to them, does your regular knowledge hold true?
October 18, 2016
Discover your best options after finding suspicious activity on your credit report.
- Does an overdraft on my checking account affect my credit score?
- How long can negative items stay on your credit report?
- How often should I check my credit score?
- Is there a way to consolidate debt without ruining your credit?
- Does everyone start out with the same credit score?
- I’m 16 years old. How do you get started with credit?
- How does cosigning affect your credit? Does it show as a debt?
- If you apply for two credit cards in the same month, will it affect your credit score twice?
- How can a credit score from TransUnion and Experian be 50 points different?
- Why do Experian, Equifax and TransUnion differ so much in score?
- Remove Authorized User Accounts from Credit Report
- How Long Do Inquiries Impact My Scores?
- 5 Reasons Your Credit Scores May Have Dropped (And What That Can Mean)
- Will I Qualify For That Car Loan?
- Separating Credit Reports of Father and Son
- Credit Scores and Your Home Equity Line of Credit
- The Meaning of “Too Few Accounts Paid as Agreed”
- U.S. Credit History Will Not Transfer to Canada
- The Impact of Credit Counseling on Credit Scores
- Insurance Inquiries Do Not Affect Credit Scores
- Getting Removed as a Joint Credit Card Account Holder
- Consigning for an Apartment Could Help or Hurt Credit
- Missing Accounts Not Reported by Your Lenders
- Cell Phone Payments are Not Reported