November 22, 2017
Scammers often target the elderly as they're perceived as easy targets. Take a read to learn how you can keep yourself and your loved ones protected.
November 20, 2017
With the holidays just around the corner, scammers are getting ready for their big score. Here are the most pervasive holiday retail shipping scams.
November 17, 2017
Editor’s note: Eva Velasquez, President/ CEO of the Identity Theft Resource Center, shares tips for avoiding holiday scams. With the holiday season upon us, retailers and consumers aren’t the...
November 13, 2017
How serious is the threat of retail-based data breaches, and ensuing identity theft? Very. Learn how to keep yourself protected this holiday season.
November 6, 2017
The best way to protect yourself on social media involves the same basic steps as any other method of keeping your data safe. Don’t share with strangers, know who...
November 6, 2017
"Fake news” is all over these days, but now it’s not limited to politics—it’s being used by ID thieves to steal your personal data over social media.
November 1, 2017
Though tax ID theft is on the decline, there have been a countless amount of victims. As tax season approaches, read to find out how you can stay safe.
October 30, 2017
Before your kids go trick or treating, here are seven tips to educate them on how to protect their identity while they’re all dressed up.
October 26, 2017
It can be scary to read about the data breaches that have made headlines this year. Read to find out how to keep yourself safe in the long term.
October 25, 2017
You're careful about your credit and bank statements and avoiding phishing emails and online scams. But have you checked your doctor's bill lately?
October 17, 2017
Not sure whether your identity might have been stolen or not? Read to find out some of the signs that may indicate you've been a victim of ID theft.
October 13, 2017
Despite rising concern about identity theft, most Americans aren’t taking basic steps to make it harder for their information to be stolen. Find out why.
October 6, 2017
Have you been infected with malware? If the answer is yes or if you're not sure, take a read to learn about the steps you can take to protect...
October 6, 2017
Don't fall victim to a virus infection by malware or ransomware. Read to learn about how you can keep your systems protected and prevent infection.
October 4, 2017
Read to learn about how biometric technology will reshape the identity theft protection landscape and what it can mean for you.
- Does an overdraft on my checking account affect my credit score?
- How long can negative items stay on your credit report?
- How often should I check my credit score?
- Is there a way to consolidate debt without ruining your credit?
- Does everyone start out with the same credit score?
- I’m 16 years old. How do you get started with credit?
- How does cosigning affect your credit? Does it show as a debt?
- If you apply for two credit cards in the same month, will it affect your credit score twice?
- How can a credit score from TransUnion and Experian be 50 points different?
- Why do Experian, Equifax and TransUnion differ so much in score?
- Remove Authorized User Accounts from Credit Report
- How Long Do Inquiries Impact My Scores?
- 5 Reasons Your Credit Scores May Have Dropped (And What That Can Mean)
- Will I Qualify For That Car Loan?
- Separating Credit Reports of Father and Son
- Credit Scores and Your Home Equity Line of Credit
- The Meaning of “Too Few Accounts Paid as Agreed”
- U.S. Credit History Will Not Transfer to Canada
- The Impact of Credit Counseling on Credit Scores
- Insurance Inquiries Do Not Affect Credit Scores
- Getting Removed as a Joint Credit Card Account Holder
- Consigning for an Apartment Could Help or Hurt Credit
- Missing Accounts Not Reported by Your Lenders
- Cell Phone Payments are Not Reported