March 4, 2016
Many people know that a credit score doesn’t look at just one factor. When you consider the information that goes into calculating a FICO® Score, it’s a very specific...
February 18, 2016
Like the weather, your credit scores are changeable. Unlike the weather, your scores vary according to credit behaviors that are reported into your credit report. If you see a...
December 1, 2015
Financial blogger Thom Fox explains how credit and debit are used similarly, but differ in specific, important ways. The recent recession, or “economic downturn”, took a toll on families....
November 17, 2015
As a business advisor, I work with a variety of people. When they find out I am also a personal finance expert, I get a lot of questions about...
November 2, 2015
Wouldn’t it be great if more of our world was truly “set it and forget it?” We prefer wash and wear, programming the coffee to brew automatically, and keeping...
October 13, 2015
Do you consider yourself a super sleuth who can solve any whodunit? Or maybe you’re the book-smart type who can finish a crossword puzzle in one sitting – and...
September 12, 2015
When it comes to credit and your finances, knowing where you stand can help you make better decisions that can impact you for years to come. Your credit scores can provide...
September 12, 2015
When you check your credit report, you might find some unfamiliar acronyms among your accounts. You might say, “But, I don’t have an account with Amex DSNB!” It takes...
August 5, 2015
When you ask someone to cosign a loan with you, are you aware of how much you’re really asking of them? Conversely, if you’re the one being approached to...
July 7, 2015
An account in collections on your credit report is never a good thing. If you’ve fallen behind in making your regular payments, it can be difficult to get back...
June 30, 2015
After years of making timely payments, being disciplined when seeking new credit, and paying down your balances, why all of a sudden might you see your credit score drop...
June 2, 2015
Good credit can literally open doors for you – like the doors to a new house or car. But bad credit can slam those same doors shut, lock them and...
May 21, 2015
The information that your credit report presents tells others about your credit behaviors. But where does it all come from, and how does it all find its way on your...
May 18, 2015
Negative information isn’t something you ever want to see on your credit report. But, sometimes it happens… and it doesn’t just disappear. Information stays visible on your Experian credit...
May 11, 2015
An Experian survey in 2013 found that 49 percent of Americans check their credit scores at least once a year. While it seems that many understand the importance of...
- Does an overdraft on my checking account affect my credit score?
- How long can negative items stay on your credit report?
- How often should I check my credit score?
- Is there a way to consolidate debt without ruining your credit?
- Does everyone start out with the same credit score?
- I’m 16 years old. How do you get started with credit?
- How does cosigning affect your credit? Does it show as a debt?
- If you apply for two credit cards in the same month, will it affect your credit score twice?
- How can a credit score from TransUnion and Experian be 50 points different?
- Why do Experian, Equifax and TransUnion differ so much in score?
- Remove Authorized User Accounts from Credit Report
- How Long Do Inquiries Impact My Scores?
- 5 Reasons Your Credit Scores May Have Dropped (And What That Can Mean)
- Will I Qualify For That Car Loan?
- Separating Credit Reports of Father and Son
- Credit Scores and Your Home Equity Line of Credit
- The Meaning of “Too Few Accounts Paid as Agreed”
- U.S. Credit History Will Not Transfer to Canada
- The Impact of Credit Counseling on Credit Scores
- Insurance Inquiries Do Not Affect Credit Scores
- Getting Removed as a Joint Credit Card Account Holder
- Consigning for an Apartment Could Help or Hurt Credit
- Missing Accounts Not Reported by Your Lenders
- Cell Phone Payments are Not Reported