At Experian, one of our priorities is consumer credit and finance education. This post may contain links and references to one or more of our partners, but we provide an objective view to help you make the best decisions. For more information, see our Editorial Policy.
In this article:
Want to avoid that holiday spending hangover when you get your credit card statement in January? Credit card issuers are offering some great deals right now on cards with introductory 0% annual percentage rates (APRs).
Put your holiday spending on one of these cards and pay off the debt during the promotional financing period, and you won't pay any fees or interest. We've weeded through the details to sort out the best promotional offers to keep your holiday shopping debt in check. You won't pay an annual fee with any of these cards—so you don't have to worry about making sure you get enough value from the card each year to cover its cost.
Discover it® Cash Back
Discover it® Cash BackApply
on Discover's website
11.99% - 22.99% Variable
Intro APR: 0% on Purchases and Balance Transfers for 14 months
1% cash back on All Other Purchases
Intro Bonus: Dollar-for-dollar match of all cash back earned the first year
- INTRO OFFER: Unlimited Cashback Match – only from Discover. Discover will automatically match all the cash back you’ve earned at the end of your first year! There’s no minimum spending or maximum rewards. Just a dollar-for-dollar match.
- Earn 5% cash back on everyday purchases at different places each quarter like Amazon.com, grocery stores, restaurants, gas stations and when you pay using PayPal, up to the quarterly maximum when you activate.
- Plus, earn unlimited 1% cash back on all other purchases - automatically.
- Redeem cash back any amount, any time. Rewards never expire.
- Use your rewards at Amazon.com checkout.
- Get an alert if we find your Social Security number on any of thousands of Dark Web sites.* Activate for free.
- No annual fee.
The Discover it® Cash Back card gives you more than a year to pay off your holiday bills. With 0% intro APR for 14 months on both purchases and balance transfers, this card offers an opportunity to do your holiday shopping and get your finances in shape too. Every quarter, you can earn 5% cash back from purchases in specific categories when you activate. You get unlimited 1% cash back on all other purchases. From October through December 2019, you'll earn cash back on up to $1,500 in purchases at Amazon.com, Target and Walmart.com—just in time for checking off that holiday gift list. Cash back rewards can be redeemed for gift cards, charitable donations or credits to your account. After 12 months, Discover automatically matches all the cash back you earned in your first year—giving you a head start on your holiday shopping fund for 2020.