Thom Fox is a New England-based business adviser who, for more than 20 years, has helped individuals and businesses work to secure a brighter economic future.
Articles by Thom Fox
October 7, 2016
Synthetic identity theft is harder to combat. Find out what you should be doing to protect your information.
December 29, 2015
Financial blogger Thom Fox recalls the first time he needed a cosigner, and offers options to approach a cosign opportunity carefully. When I turned 19, it became apparent that...
December 1, 2015
Financial blogger Thom Fox explains how credit and debit are used similarly, but differ in specific, important ways. The recent recession, or “economic downturn”, took a toll on families....
November 17, 2015
As a business advisor, I work with a variety of people. When they find out I am also a personal finance expert, I get a lot of questions about...
June 16, 2015
Financial blogger Thom Fox reminds us that everyone learns about the power of credit at some point. Discover how pursuing higher education later on gave him a different approach...
- Does an overdraft on my checking account affect my credit score?
- How long can negative items stay on your credit report?
- How often should I check my credit score?
- Is there a way to consolidate debt without ruining your credit?
- Does everyone start out with the same credit score?
- I’m 16 years old. How do you get started with credit?
- How does cosigning affect your credit? Does it show as a debt?
- If you apply for two credit cards in the same month, will it affect your credit score twice?
- How can a credit score from TransUnion and Experian be 50 points different?
- Why do Experian, Equifax and TransUnion differ so much in score?
- Remove Authorized User Accounts from Credit Report
- How Long Do Inquiries Impact My Scores?
- 5 Reasons Your Credit Scores May Have Dropped (And What That Can Mean)
- Will I Qualify For That Car Loan?
- Separating Credit Reports of Father and Son
- Credit Scores and Your Home Equity Line of Credit
- The Meaning of “Too Few Accounts Paid as Agreed”
- U.S. Credit History Will Not Transfer to Canada
- The Impact of Credit Counseling on Credit Scores
- Insurance Inquiries Do Not Affect Credit Scores
- Getting Removed as a Joint Credit Card Account Holder
- Consigning for an Apartment Could Help or Hurt Credit
- Missing Accounts Not Reported by Your Lenders
- Cell Phone Payments are Not Reported