Carla Fried has been explaining smart money management strategies to consumers for more than 20 years, starting as a reporter at Money Magazine. For the past 15 years she has has written for Money Magazine, The New York Times, Bloomberg.com, Consumer Reports, CNBC.com and Barrons.com. Her areas of expertise range from all aspects of retirement planning, home buying/selling, saving/paying for college, credit management, insurance, and navigating the often tricky generational challenges of family finances.
Articles by Carla Fried
Good credit begins with knowing where your credit is today. Get started with your free Experian Credit Report, updated every 30 days on sign in. No credit card required.Get Started for Free
- Find Out Who Has Checked Your Credit Report
- Contact Information for Collection Agencies on Credit Report
- Does an overdraft on my checking account affect my credit score?
- How long can negative items stay on your credit report?
- How often should I check my credit score?
- Is there a way to consolidate debt without ruining your credit?