Frequently Asked Questions
Email Services FAQs
- What is an email campaign?
A campaign is an email newsletter, flyer or brochure sent to one or more email addresses at one time.
- How does Experian's email service work?
Experian's email service is a web-based application that allows you to create and launch email campaigns. No software needs to be downloaded or installed on your computer. Please be aware that the use of this service for spamming is strictly prohibited.
- What is Spamming?
Spamming is the use of electronic messaging systems to send unsolicited bulk messages indiscriminately.
- What is CAN SPAM?
CAN-SPAM stands for "Controlling the Assault of Non-Solicited Pornography and Marketing." The act was put into place January 2004 to set out requirements for those sending out commercial emails, establish penalties for spammers, and give consumers the right to ask emailers to stop spamming them.
- False and misleading header information is banned - This means that an email's "From," "To" and routing information, including the originating domain name and address, must be accurate and identify the sender.
- Deceptive subject lines are prohibited - The subject line cannot mislead the receiver of the message to open it under false pretenses, thinking it's something else. The receiver must not be mislead as to the contents or subject matter of the email.
- Opt-out methods must be provided - A response mechanism must be provided for the receiver to opt-out of any future commercial messages from the sender. In addition, opt-out requests must be processed for at least 30 days after the initial commercial email was sent, and senders have 10 business days after an opt-out request to stop sending messages to that address. Messages cannot be sent to the opt-out requestor on behalf of the sender by any other entity.
- Commercial email must be identified as an advertisement and it must include the sender's valid physical postal address The receiver must be clearly informed that the message is an advertisement or solicitation, he must be told he can opt-out of future mailings, and a valid physical postal address must be included in the message.
- Receivers must be warned of sexually explicit material - For any message that contains sexually explicit material, the warning "SEXUALLY-EXPLICIT" must be contained in the subject line.
- Why would I choose Experian's email service over other email marketing solutions?
Experian offers an easy to use system, even for users who have no HTML experience or those who have never used email marketing before. The Email Wizard will guide you through the process of setting up an account, creating and sending an email message and managing your email addresses. But don't take our word for it, try it free for 60 days.
- Will Experian's email service work with my internet browser?
Our service works best with Internet Explorer 6 and up, as well as with Firefox 2.0 and up.
- Do I need to know HTML to create an email?
No. The application is based on a simple step-by-step process allowing you to create an email and set up a mailing list without any knowledge of HTML.
- How do I schedule an email campaign?
To send an email campaign, indicate the date and time that your email should be sent and enter the subject line you want your subscribers to see.
- How do I import my list from Outlook?
When importing contacts you must ensure the list is in a suitable file format. Our system accepts .csv (Comma Separated Values) file format.
To export contacts from Outlook:
- Open Outlook and click 'File', select 'Import and Export'
- Next you need to select 'Export' to a File
- Choose "Comma Separated Values (Windows)"
- Next, choose the location where you would like the file saved to, click 'Do Import Duplicate Items', pick
'Contacts' from the drop down that will appear showing your tree structure of folders then click 'Next'
- What happens to my list after I upload it?
Your email addresses are safely stored on our servers, protected by the best firewall and security measures available and only you will be able to access it with your login and password. Experian will never share, rent or sell your list.
- Can I send emails using any email address?
Yes. Our email system will allow you to use any email address to send an email campaign from.
- Is there any limit on the number of email addresses (contacts) I can send to in a single email campaign?
Yes. The number of email addresses you can send to in a single campaign is dependent upon the pricing plan you selected. There are some conditions that address the use of our email system for the purposes of spam and other types of inappropriate email marketing activities. Please consult the End User License Agreement for details.
- Can people automatically unsubscribe from my list?
Yes. Our process is automated, so a person can simply click the 'unsubscribe link' in the footer of your email and they will be automatically blocked from future emails.
- Do you provide information on bounced emails?
Yes. We have a bounce management feature that allows you to see if any of the email addresses you have sent emails to have bounced. You can then easily delete them from your contact list.
- Can I change Pricing Plans?
Login to Experian
Go to My Account center
Click on Change Billing Plan
Your current plan will be checked. Click on one of the other plans and click "Apply"
OR call 1 888 808 8242 and press 1 to speak with our sales team
If you are changing from one plan to another in the middle of a billing cycle, you will be charged according to your old plan until the new plan officially takes effect.