Simmons® Auto-Motives Consumer Segmentation
The new Simmons Auto-Motives consumer segmentation system from Simmons delivers the mindset of America’s drivers and enables marketers to identify valuable consumer segments. The Simmons Auto-Motives segmentation includes five distinct clusters that are based on consumer attitudes and opinions on vehicles and driving. The segments include:
- Main Streets: Main Streets’ driving behaviors are actually quite pedestrian. From their viewpoint, a car is simply a method of getting from point A to point B and not much more. The true value of a car to Main Streets is its longevity and reliability.
- Rough Terrains: Rough Terrains love speed and performance and are less concerned with auto safety features. They are further characterized by their knowledge in the latest advances in auto technology and their exuberance for power. Rough Terrains tend to favor SUVs, which match their needs and active lifestyles.
- Cul-de-Sacs: Cul-de-Sacs are practical drivers. Function and comfort are the true source of value in a car. Cul-de- Sacs tend to choose a vehicle for its practical qualities over its performance, image or status. They tend to go on long car trips for vacation.
- Boulevards: Boulevards like new cars. They appreciate American-made automobiles, luxury features, and additional options in a car. Boulevards get enjoyment from driving and take pride in their car, which is a reflection of their lifestyle and image.
- City Streets: City Streets represent those who like to change cars frequently. For them, a vehicle is part of their identity. City Streets choose a car for its image and status rather than its practical qualities and performance. They tend to use their car for work as well as for pleasure.
Request More Information
To learn more about Consumer Insights, please complete the following form and click "Submit" at the bottom. If you would like to talk to a representative immediately, please call us at 1 866 256 4468.