What is identity proofing?
The goal of identity proofing is to verify individuals are who they claim to be at a specific point in time. Identity proofing is applied in the acquisition and origination stages of the Customer Life Cycle and typically performed during or prior to activities such as account opening, profile registration and biometric enrollment.
Why is identity proofing important?
The National Institute of Standards and Technology’s (NIST) Special Publication 800-63-3, Digital Identity Guidelines calls for collecting and assessing multiple pieces of user asserted evidence to make a final identity proofing decision. These changes have been made because of the continuous compromise of personally identifiable information (PII), including elements such as name, SSN, and physical address.
We can help you improve:
Identity verification and resolution
Evidence attainment and verification
How we can help
- Collect, validate, and assess risk on PII data with updated intelligence powered by billions of identity and transactional records and attributes
- Analytics solutions for risk assessment to isolate suspicious activity
- Evidence collection, validation, and verification spanning identity numbers to remotely provided documents
- Device intelligence, biometrics, custom risk models, behavioral analytics, one-time-password, and more
- Workflow orchestration and decisioning capabilities for user request acceptance, onboarding, or on-going access protocols
- Robust consulting services to help your team adhere to compliant identity proofing practices
Identity proofing insights and best practices.
provides perspective on identity proofing and risk-based authentication — and
more specifically — how those activities may be leveraged for remote access
to information systems.
ID verification for diverse populations including underserved and unbanked.
Fraud risk and loss mitigation, user protection, and reputational risk avoidance.
Multiple identity proofing capabilities requiring fewer resources to investigate and categorize potential fraud.
Operational efficiency gains and cost control through lower false positives and referrals.
Detailed historical reference and audit intelligence at transaction level.
Future-proof solution to meet future compliance requirements and enhancements delivered regularly.