Find Answers to Your Credit Questions
Search the Ask Experian advice column. If you don't find the answers you're looking for, you'll have the chance to ask your specific question.
Do you have a question about consumer credit? You may find an immediate answer by using the search engine. If you can't find what you're looking for, please fill out the form, being as specific as possible.
Please note: The Ask Experian team cannot respond to each question individually. However, if your question is of interest to a wide audience of consumers, the Experian team will include it in a future column.
Ordering a Credit Report
Everyone should get a copy of their credit report at least once a year. The information is an essential part of your personal finances, affecting your ability to get credit when you need or want it. Learn how to get a free report once every 12 months as allowed by law, and when you may be entitled to other free reports under federal and state law. You can also learn about Experian’s credit monitoring services, the benefits they provide and how they can be a valuable tool in managing your personal finances.
- Experian Connect tool ideal for small property management companies
- Free credit reports under FCRA and FACT Act
- Free report for loan declination does not restart clock for FACT Act free report
- Getting a business credit report
- Getting a free credit report after being declined
- Getting a free report when your application is declined
- Getting four years of credit history for a new employer
- Getting your free annual report will not hurt your credit scores
- Getting your personal report is the first step in getting help
- It is safer and faster to get your credit report online
- Prisoners can get a free credit report
- Recent college graduate may not have a credit report
- Requesting a free report after application is declined
- When you can get free credit reports
- Where to request your FACT Act report and why to do it online
- You cannot get credit report information for a specific date in the past