Find Answers to Your Credit Questions
Search the Ask Experian advice column. If you don't find the answers you're looking for, you'll have the chance to ask your specific question.
Do you have a question about consumer credit? You may find an immediate answer by using the search engine. If you can't find what you're looking for, please fill out the form, being as specific as possible.
Please note: The Ask Experian team cannot respond to each question individually. However, if your question is of interest to a wide audience of consumers, the Experian team will include it in a future column.
While the current economy weakens, many cash-strapped consumers are hurting. Foreclosures, credit counseling and late payments are becoming more common. Many people are paying more attention to their credit reports.
Get answers to your questions about credit in the current economy including paying what you owe versus settling a debt, and the credit impact of a late mortgage payment, foreclosure or vehicle surrender.
- America Saves Week is Feb. 22 to March 1
- April is Financial Literacy Month
- April is National Financial Literacy Month
- Credit denied because of economy or credit history?
- Credit freeze could slow job search success
- Credit report does not show that an application was declined
- Difference between a voluntary surrender and repossession
- Effect of mortgage loan modification on credit scores
- Impact of allowing mortgage to go delinquent to qualify for short sale
- Impact of mortgage “short sale” on your credit report
- Increase your credit knowledge during Financial Literacy Month
- Judgment for eviction could appear on your credit report
- Late mortgage payments can hurt both spouses’ credit reports
- Loan modification denied because borrower can still make payments
- Mortgage modification should not be confused with mortgage refinancing
- Notify your lenders when you know you will be facing financial difficulty
- Rebuilding credit after job loss
- The impact of a voluntary vehicle surrender
- The impact of credit counseling on credit scores
- The impact of loan modification on credit scores
- Turning things around when life has you down
- Unemployment claims do not affect your credit report
- Vehicle repossession can prevent approval for a mortgage loan
- What’s better for your credit score: paying what you owe or settling the debt
- When foreclosure is added to a credit report
- Working together to improve our children’s financial literacy