Find Answers to Your Credit Questions
Search the Ask Experian advice column. If you don't find the answers you're looking for, you'll have the chance to ask your specific question.
Do you have a question about consumer credit? You may find an immediate answer by using the search engine. If you can't find what you're looking for, please fill out the form, being as specific as possible.
Please note: The Ask Experian team cannot respond to each question individually. However, if your question is of interest to a wide audience of consumers, the Experian team will include it in a future column.
Credit Card Debt
The Federal Reserve recently reported that credit card debt has declined at the fastest pace in 32 years. That reflects a new tendency among consumers to reduce their debt and use credit cards less. Yet, the current economy also is causing more consumers to fall behind on their credit card payments.
You can find advice for managing your credit card debt, including how large amounts of credit card debt could affect your credit scores and how you can begin to take charge of your credit card debt so you can put credit to work for you, rather than being controlled by it.
- Declined because “the amount of revolving balances is too high”
- Impact of not paying debts for 90 days to enter debt settlement plan
- Pay medical debts, credit cards before buying a house
- Paying credit card debt with an installment loan
- Paying off credit cards likely will save money in the long term
- Recovering from joint credit card debt with ex-boyfriend
- Transferring balances shouldn't hurt credit scores
- Which credit card to start paying first