Keep the Momentum Going!
Like its Black Friday and Cyber Monday predecessors, Small Business Saturday is the kickoff to the holiday shopping season. As you prepare for Small Business Saturday, keep in mind this is just the beginning. Create a plan to keep the momentum going all year long. Here are some things to consider:
- Capture email addresses for your customers and prospects so that you can begin an ongoing dialogue with them. Create a special Small Business Saturday offer to get them to register with you and provide their email addresses.
- If you don’t already have one, create a newsletter that you email to your customers to keep them involved in what’s going on in your business. Ask for recommendations on content so the newsletter is as valuable as it can be to your readers.
- Use social media as part of your Small Business Saturday campaign to build a base of followers and fans. Then continue to engage with them throughout the year in the social channels.
- Create a loyalty program. Small Business Saturday is about building loyalty to local small businesses. Be sure to give your best customers something in return and make them feel special.
- Plan ongoing events and campaigns to reward your customers throughout the year. Include your refer-a-friend messaging in these communications with your customers.
- Find prospects who look like your best customers – click here to learn more about how to clone your customers, and continually reach out to new segments of your market to grow your business.
Don’t let Small Business Saturday be a one-time event. Use our tips to create a plan now on how you will continue to build relationships with these new customers throughout the year.