Credit & Money Tips for Military Families
It’s tough when family members are in the military. It’s rough emotionally — and financially. In this chat, we talked about ways military families can improve their finances and credit.
The panel included: J.J. Montanaro: USAA Financial Planner; VeteransUnited; Rod Griffin– Director of Public Education at Experian and Mike Delgado– Social Media Community Manager at Experian.
If you have ideas for future topics and guests, please tweet @MikeDelgado.
Questions We Discussed:
- Q1: What financial challenges do military families struggle with?
- Q2: Some military families relocate regularly. Any tips to save on moving?
- Q3: What should military families do to prepare financially before deployment?
- Q4: What are ways to track money and pay bills when deployed overseas?
- Q5: What sorts of discounts and financial benefits can military families get?
- Q6: What should military families know about VA loans?
- Q7: What educational benefits are available to vets and those in military?
- Q8: Where can military families go to get financial help?
- Q9: What are ways for civilians to help support military families and vets in need?
- Q10: What financial advice do you have for those transitioning to civilian life?
- Q11: Military retirement is changing in 2018, what do military families need to know and how should they prepare?
- Q12: With all the changes and uncertainty in military life, what can military families do to stack the deck in their favor?
View the entire discussion via Storify
View highlights from the chat on SlideShare:
Join our #CreditChat every Wednesday at 3p.m. ET on Twitter and Google Hangouts.
If you’ve never heard about #CreditChat, here is a brief overview:
7 ways to save on moving costs via Bankrate
How to Develop Your Deployment Financial Plan via Military America Saves
Ways to Avoid Money-Related Stress During Deployment via Veterans United
Heroes at Home
The 5 Best VA Home Loan Benefits via Veterans United
(Almost) Everything You Need to Know About VA Loans via Veterans United
Home Loans via U.S Department of Veterans Affairs
Are you Eligible for a VA Funding Fee Refund? via Veterans United
Recent Chats on YouTube & Twitter