Every year, Memorial Day (May 26th this year) kicks off the summer season with activities galore including, picnics, barbecues, parades and sales. To help you readily prepare your upcoming Memorial Day marketing activities, we took a look back at online searches from March through May and email campaigns sent in April and May of last year, related to Memorial Day.
Top highlights from Memorial Day 2013:
- Online searches for Memorial Day began as early as the beginning of March, but peaked the week leading to the holiday.
- Eighty-nine percent of email volume and 90 percent of email revenue was received the week leading up to and including Memorial Day.
- Early online searches often focused on learning the date of Memorial Day, while searches for sales only made it into the top five the week preceding the holiday.
- Sales and offers were the main topics for Memorial Day email subject lines.
- Campaigns with personalization (first or last name) in the subject line had 31 percent higher open rates than mailings with no personalization.
In addition, “enjoy” was the top performing keyword in subject lines, providing a 9 percent lift in open rates.
To all those marketers working on Memorial Day campaigns, don’t forget these quick tips, good luck and happy sending!
Stay tuned next week for more insights and tips from Experian Marketing Services to help you in your Father’s Day campaign planning.