Check out the infographic below depicting what worked for marketers last holiday season and what they have planned for this year.
For the holiday insights we’re already seeing this season, watch our ‘Tis the season for holiday marketers webcast on demand. This real-time data will help you tweak your current holiday email, search, mobile and social campaigns to keep up with consumer response.
- 66% of marketers expect 2012 holiday season sales to be higher or much higher than in 2011.
- 26% plan to start 2012 holiday marketing activities in September, 23% plan for October.
- In 2011, for the first time ever, Cyber Monday surpassed Black Friday as the biggest online shopping day of the year.
- Pinterest adoption rates show the biggest increase, as 71% plan to use it during the 2012 holiday season – a 137% increase over 2011.
- 4 of the top 5 biggest movers are mobile tactics.
- 54% of those who used email marketing reported their campaigns were extremely or very successful; 42% reported moderately or slightly successful.
- 39% of marketers plan to incorporate ratings and reviews into their customers’ holiday shopping experience.
Learn more about the author, Denice Surjan