TV ads are popping up aplenty as retailers scramble to engage parents and students during the lucrative back-to-school season. Second only to the holiday shopping season, back-to-school/back-to-college is a $70 billion merchandising opportunity that’s especially important to electronics and apparel providers. Take a look at this infographic for facts from last year’s back-to-school season that marketers should keep in mind:
- Emails with an offer in the subject line had a 21% higher transaction rate than those without
- Online search traffic was up 10% over 2010 with search teams like “back-to-school clothes” and “back-to-school deals” driving the increase
- Searchers tend to be female and between the ages of 25 and 44
Questions marketers should ask themselves include:
- What are the characteristics of my target audience – who are they, how do they shop, what resonates with them?
- How can I make my marketing messages more targeted so that they stand out from the crowd?
- What offers and promotions should I employ?
- How should my marketing budget be allocated across multiple channels?
To learn the answers to these questions and more, visit our back-to-school homeroom to see the latest data, emerging trends and opportunities that exist for marketers this season.