Credit Advice » Fraud and Identity Theft » Requesting Corrected Credit Report be Sent to Creditors

Requesting Corrected Credit Report be Sent to Creditors

Dear Experian,

Whom do I contact to request a corrected credit report be sent out to creditors? I was an identity theft/fraud victim and there were fraudulent inquiries on my report which have been removed.


Dear TNT,

If you have applied for credit within the last six months (the past 12 months for residents of Colorado, Maryland or New York), you can request that an updated copy of the report be sent to those creditors. You can also request that Experian send an updated copy to any employer who has requested your report within the last two years.

In order to make your request, call the toll-free telephone number included with your personal credit report, or mail your request to the address listed on your personal report. Please be specific with regard to which creditors you are requesting updates be sent. Or, visit Experian’s Fraud Center for more information.

Thanks for asking.
The “Ask Experian” team

Review Your Free Experian Credit Report Today

Good credit begins with knowing where your credit is today. Get started with your free Experian Credit Report, updated every 30 days on sign in. No credit card required.

Get Started for Free
Have a Question for Experian?

Your privacy and the information collected here.

Get Identity Theft Protection

Better detection and protection for identity theft and credit fraud. More identity and account alerts, with credit lock to prevent unauthorized inquiries.

Protect Yourself Now

What Should You Know About the Dark Web?

Learn more about what the dark web is, and why it should matter to you as a part of your identity protection strategy.